JONI EARECKSON TADA HOSTS DISABILITY SUMMIT AT TRINITY
“God, if I can’t die, show me how to live.”
Joni Eareckson Tada offered up that plea nearly 40 years ago after becoming a quadriplegic because of a diving accident at the age of 17. Today Joni and Friends provides resources to empower and expand disability ministry in churches and communities worldwide.
Trinity will welcome Tada, founder and CEO of Joni and Friends, to campus on September 28-29 for her Disability Ministry Summit, co-hosted by the College’s Church Connection Initiative and the Alexander DeJong Center for Special Education.
All are welcome to attend. Church staff, ministry leaders, workers in disability-related fields and persons with a disability are especially encouraged to come hear keynote speakers Tada and Nick Vujicic, founder and CEO of Life Without Limbs.
Twenty-eight workshops will be offered, covering such topics as:
- Keys to Building a Successful Disability Ministry in Your Church
- Understanding the Needs and Ministering to the Whole Family Affected by Disability
- Effective Strategies and Techniques for Working with Children with Autism
- Living Without Limits: Godly Self Esteem, Emotional Health and Disability
- Creative Curriculum Planning Development for Your Disability Ministry with Children, Youth, and Adults
- And more…
For the Schedule of Events, click here.
For information, visit www.joniandfriends.org/summit
For registration information, visit: http://www.joniandfriends.org/summit/summit_redirect.php
Homepage | News & Events