Trinity Welcomes Sea to Sea Cyclists
Trinity Christian College is preparing to welcome about 150 cyclists from the Sea to Sea Bike Tour: Ending the Cycle of Poverty sponsored by the Christian Reformed Church. Cyclists on the Madison, Wisconsin, to Grand Rapids, Michigan, leg will be spending the night on campus on Tuesday, August 12.
The community is invited to special welcome events sponsored by the Church Connection Initiative at Trinity. For more information, e-mail: email@example.com:
- Meet the Cyclists reception, Tuesday, August 12, 7 pm to 7:30 pm, Ozinga Chapel Grand Lobby
- Film festival, Tuesday, August 12, 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm, featuring films focusing on local and global poverty
- Send-off service for the cyclists, Wednesday, August 13, 8 am
The tour will start in Seattle, Washington, on June 28 and end in Jersey City, New Jersey, on August 30. Four cyclists from the Trinity family will be traveling a total of approximately 9,403 miles this summer along different legs of the tour.
- Ryan Bruxvoort ’06, alumnus – riding from Seattle to Jersey City—3,750 miles
- Aaron Carpenter ’09, student – riding from Seattle to Jersey City—3,750 miles
- Jill Feikema, staff – riding from Grand Rapids to Jersey City—784 miles
- Melissa Kloostra ’00, alumna – riding from Madison to Jersey City—1,129 miles
- Vonda Wielsma ’96, alumna – riding from Seattle to Jersey City – 3,750 miles
“The Sea to Sea tour makes me count my own blessings, because it is focused on alleviating poverty both locally and globally,” said Bruxvoort. “So often we feel alone while trying to do God’s work, but with so many people from so many places participating, the work we are doing gets magnified many times over.”
Cyclists riding from coast to coast have pledged to raise $10,000 each. Community members and businesses are also supporting the cause. The Country House Restaurant, located at 5400 West 127th St. in Alsip is getting involved. Visit any time on August 12 and mention Sea to Sea or Trinity Christian College, and they will donate 20% of any visitor’s bill to Sea to Sea. For more information or to support a cyclist, visit the Sea to Sea Web site at www.crcna.org/pages/sea_front.cfm.
Host a Sea to Sea Bike Tour cyclist
We are looking for welcoming families to host a cyclist/s for one night and give them a break from weeks of cycling and tent dwelling. If you would like to host a cyclist for the night of August 12, please contact host coordinator Eric Holtrop at 630.337.8126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read the recent article about Bruxvoort in The Times, visit:
To read the recent article about Sea to Sea in The Southtown Star, visit:
Cyclists coast in for a break at Trinity Christian College
Homepage | News & Events