New Season for Senior Academy of Learning at Trinity
“The SALT program has been truly a ‘senior academy’ for our household,” said Rev. Robert Jipping, a participant in Trinity’s Senior Academy of Learning at Trinity. “The informed leaders have helped my wife Ann and me to look deeper at a current event and have guided us in our hobbies. We have experienced warm fellowship with like-minded seniors.”
The Jippings are representative of many friends of the College who are 55 and older and enjoy learning more about subjects relevant to their lives through the SALT classes.
“The SALT program has been truly a ‘senior academy’ for our household.”
This year’s course offerings include:
- The Civil War and Reconstruction—learn the causes, conduct, and results of the war
- Crocheting—learn various stitches and how to read patterns
- Digital Photos on Your Home Computer—learn how to capture, enhance, and use photos
- Health—learn about Alzheimer’s Disease, nutrition, and stress management
- Internet—learn search techniques and how to find sites and information
- Life Safety Tips and Personal Protection—learn how to stay safe with tips from local police and fire protection personnel
- Yoga as Embodied Prayer—experience yoga as prayer by working and praying together
- And “SALT on the Road” will head to Fair Oaks Farms in Indiana!
For a printable brochure, click here.
To register, please call the College at 708.597.3000; mail-in registration is not available. The cost of each three-week course is $20, except for Crocheting, which costs $40 for six weeks. Refreshments are served before each class.
For questions about SALT or courses offered, contact Ruth De Bruyn, development coordinator, at 708.239.4827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homepage | News & Events