- The student will demonstrate analytical thinking processes by studying various mathematical subjects.
- The student will demonstrate recognition of and appreciation for the orderliness and beauty of the creation as reflected in mathematics.
- The student will be able to read, understand, and evaluate mathematical literature.
- The student will be proficient in using current technological tools for mathematics. These tools include the C++ programming language, the Maple software package, and graphing calculators.
- The students will apply mathematics via modeling and problem solving.
- The student will be able to communicate understanding of mathematical concepts, in both oral and written contexts.
The following learning outcomes apply only for students completing the Mathematics Education Major:
- The student will develop confidence and competence in teaching mathematics to students at the elementary or secondary level.
- The student will demonstrate mastery of mathematical concepts taught in the elementary and secondary school.
Throughout the year assessment data is gathered through senior and alumni surveys, the ETS major field test, a capstone project, State of Illinois Certification Exam, content area surveys, and course embedded assessment to determine how well the program is meeting its student learning outcomes. For additional information please contact department chairperson Dr. Dave Klanderman at Dave.Klanderman@trnty.edu.